The Rain Gardens and More Program provides green stormwater practices to landowners of Unincorporated Kitsap County. The program only applies to existing structures (new construction or significant remodel does not qualify).
- It starts with a site visit. Contact us.
- We evaluate the property to see if a project is feasible according to site constraints.
- If the property qualifies, the landowner fills out the Rain Garden Program agreements
- KCD can contribute technical and financial assistance for implementing your project:
- If you want to build it yourself or hire a contractor, we will reimburse you up to $1000, or:
- We can do the installation, covering labor and materials costs, and you will add the finishing touches
- KCD inspects the finished practice and gets completion signatures.
- Reimbursement check is issued to landowner (if choosing option 1)