- No jobs currently available.
Check out some of the opportunities below to volunteer with Kitsap Conservation District, and do your part to help your community! See photos of our volunteers.
Log your hours here:
Kitsap Conservation District Harvest VISTA Summer Associate
(06/26/2023 – 09/01/2023)
Serve | Learn | Crush Hunger
The Summer Associate will assist with GRACE Program activities including planting, harvesting, packaging, and delivering vegetables to local food banks. They will recruit and orient volunteers to assist in the GRACE Program food access and hunger relief activities. The SA will be contacting F2FP farmers bi-weekly about produce availability and delivery and coordinating produce distribution with partner organizations (food banks, gleaning network). They will support the Kitsap Farm to Freezer Program processing donated/gleaned/rescued food into soups, sauces, and salsas. The Summer Associate will gather, tabulate and report data on the F2FP program and related food access activities as well as assist with community education and program outreach.
Kitsap Conservation District’s GRACE Project coordinates the Farm to Food Pantry and Farm to Community Programs serving food insecure children, families and seniors in Kitsap County. These programs work to expand capacity in the Kitsap hunger relief system, extend hunger relief programming to underserved communities, and support ongoing activities to increase access and equity in the local food system by providing fresh, healthy fruits and vegetables.
This Americorps Harvest VISTA position offers:
- Living allowance of $49.80 daily/$697.20 biweekly
- End-of-service cash award of $345 OR $1,459.26 education award that can be used for future schooling or to pay off existing qualified student loan debt (subject to federal tax)
- Robust professional development opportunities during the service term and fresh organic vegetables.
For more information contact the GRACE Program
- Diane Fish, Program Manager: email@example.com 360-204-5529 x110
- Harvest VISTA Program Director: Maria Mendez-Francisco at firstname.lastname@example.org