Board of Supervisor’s seat available for full-term appointment
A Board of Supervisor’ seat for The Kitsap Conservation District is available for a full-term appointment by the Washington State Conservation Commission. Conservation district supervisors are public officials who serve without compensation and set policy and direction for the conservation district. An applicant must be a registered voter in Washington State and for this full-term position (May 2023 to May 2026), and the applicant is required to own land or operate a farm. Applicants for appointed positions do not have to live within the district to apply. For more information, please contact the Kitsap Conservation District or read the Guide to Appointment for Conservation District Applicants (https://assets.website-files.com/5ec2d4f7da309c68cdc0655a/5f36cfa9fb8e3e5d59ceaee9_CD-appointment-guide.pdf) which can be found on the Conservation Commission website (https://scc.wa.gov/elections-and-appointments). To apply, use this direct link (https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1918463-JfwJs6JKCL) or please visit the Conservation Commission website (https://scc.wa.gov/elections-and-appointments). Applications and supporting materials must be received by the Commission no later than March 31, 2023.
For questions please contact Joy Garitone, District Resource Coordinator at 360-204-5529 extension 113. You may also e-mail Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
See full notice
– Posted February 21, 2023
- Resource Planner I – Stream Habitat Program Assistant -Permit Technician – 32 hour week
Kitsap Conservation District
Budget for Position: CWK/Grants
Starting Salary Range: Hourly: $22.66 to $25.88
The goals of the KCD Stream Program are to restore stream and riparian habitat while improving water quality and reducing stormwater impacts on private property in unincorporated Kitsap County. This project position is funded by a contractual agreement and scope of work between KCD and Kitsap County. The successful candidate will assist the program in outreach and implementation of projects related to habitat management techniques and treatment technologies that will substantially contribute to the program’s implementation and effectiveness.
– Posted February 17, 2023
Check out some of the opportunities below to volunteer with Kitsap Conservation District, and do your part to help your community! See photos of our volunteers.
Log your hours here:
22-23 KCD Environmental Conservation Specialist – Backyard Habitat Program
(6 month term)
These positions offer:
- Monthly Stipend of $2,066.86
- $3,447.50 education award that can be used for future schooling or to pay off existing qualified student loan debt (upon successful completion of the service term, subject to federal tax)
- Basic health insurance (not including vision coverage)
- Workers compensation coverage
- Assistance with childcare costs
- Forbearance (temporarily postponing paying off a loan) of qualified student loans during the service term
- Payment of interest on qualified student loans that accrued during the service term (paid after successful completion of service term)
- Serving in a full-time AmeriCorps position qualifies as “employment” towards the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- We can assist Americorps members with robust professional development opportunities during the service term and fresh organic vegetables all year long.