Grand Fir has a full symmetrical shape when young, which makes it a good choice for Christmas trees or as an attractive addition to the landscape. It is also useful for wildlife habitat, restoration or timber. Grand Fir establishes fairly quickly in moist partly shaded sites, but will grow best in full sun after a couple of decades.
- Mature height: 100′ to 300′
- Mature width: 15′ to 20′
- Light conditions: full sun to part sun
- Soil: well-drained; moist
- Sold in bundles of ten bare-root plants
- 12″+ tall/ $7.50 per bundle
Bare-root plants are dug when they are dormant and are sold with sawdust around the roots instead of soil.