A pyramidal and densely branched conifer, Douglas Fir is useful for restoration and habitat enhancement.
Commonly grown for lumber or as a Christmas tree crop, it is relatively fast growing at up to 2′ per year. Light shade will help in its establishment, but ultimately it will grow best in full sun.
- Mature height: 120′ to 200′
- Mature width: 20′ to 30′
- Light conditions: full sun to part shade
- Soil: well-drained; dry to moist
- Sold in bundles of ten bare-root plants
- 12″+ tall/$12.25 per bundle
Bare-root plants are dug when they are dormant and are sold with sawdust around the roots instead of soil.